One of my friends and the reason why I became a blogger, ex-blogger Yara, thought it was interesting to post a list of my favorite iPhone applications especially since she took my recommednations with the Sleep Cycle app and loved it. As 2012 is about to finish up, I’m looking back and thinking what applications did I truly love indeed. So I’m sharing my favorite 12 applications from the App Store:
- Shazam. Thanks to Shazam, my music list is growing everyday Whenever I hear a song anywhere, all I have to do is to ask shazam to listen to is and then I’m directed to iTunes to buy that very particular song. No more “OMG I love that song what is it must memorize the lyrics to Google it quick oops its gone” moments.
- Sleep Cycle (post). Thanks to it waking up in the morning is not an issue anymore. Now if only I can find an iPhone app that would urge me to leave my warm bed in the winter mornings. Mako?
- 6alabat app. If 6alabat.com is a lifesaver, then 6alabat app is the lifesaving buoy! I’ve used it to order my lunch/dinner/party food everywhere: Arriving home in the airport, driving home from work, shopping and returning home, blow drying my hair before at home before my guests arrive, you get the picture.
- Goodreads app. If you love books like I do, you’d appreciate this application. Aside from connecting you to your goodreads account online where you can review books. It also comes with a barcode reader you can use to scan the ISBN barcode of your books and add them to your library immediately This is also helpful when you want to double check if the book you are about to purchase isn’t already waiting to be read on your shelves at home.
- Camera+. If you are a photography enthusiast like me you’d appreciate the picture quality and editing options available when you take photographs with your iPhone camera using this app. Particularly useful for nighttime photography in dark surroundings.
- Filterstorm. I use this application to edit pictures on the iPhone. Controlling brightness, constrast, cropping, blurring, and other photo editing options.
- Air Video Free. I use this app to stream videos from my “server”, in this case my laptop, to my TV directly while controlling my streaming using my iPhone or iPad, acting as a remote.
- Jamie Oliver Recipes. If you are a fan of Jamie Oliver -I am!- you’d love this application where you can browse his recipes on your iPhone. Particularly useful if you are about to cook something and don’t have enough work space on your counter to prop a heavy cookbook -all of Jamie’s are heavy!-.
- Net-a-Porter App. Now just because I don’t post much about fashion doesn’t mean I don’t love it. I’m actually a self confessed fashion victim and Net-a-porter addict who is recovering. It doesn’t hurt to brown the What’s New and lust after the gorgeous heart stopping pieces on my iPhone.
- British Airways App. Before the app I used to dread having to time my online check in. I used to make sure that at the exact moment check in is open I must be on a computer, fingers ready to check in and change my seats. With the app, I can check in wherever I am. I can actually move freely and not worry, set a timer that check in would start in a few minutes. And with a few clicks on the iPhone I’d be checked in and that’s it. No restraints, no planning where to be with an internet connection ahead of time.
- Can I say Instagram? It is a life changing application after all and I’m sure you all know why and how etc.
- Last but not least: Crazy Taxi! When I play Crazy Taxi I’m instantly transferred to 1999, sitting on the floor of my room in the UK and roaming the streets of San Francisco like a maniac, slamming into everything and everything. I still play the original Crazy Taxi on my dreamcast but its now much easier to play on my iPhone of course.
And that concludes my 12 favorite iPhone Applications for the year 2012. What about you, dear reader? What are you favorite apps for 2012? If you have any recommendations, please do share